Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Back with a Vengence: Star Wars and I, or is it Me?


This is a bit out of place for my blog, but I’m changing things up and moving into a new realm of writing, and so now my blog will cover, entertainment: movies, music, and whatever else I deem entertaining, plus I’ll be covering my new projects. I released Eternal Preservative my first short novel on Amazon Eternal Preservative: A Zombie Tale Part 1 which is available for $.99. I’m working on a few music projects to include electronic, metal, rock, and some country. I’ll dig deeper into that subject in the near future. Plus I’m working on my new novel Destroying Utopia which I’m thrilled about how it’s going so far. Till I have more info please enjoy my newest blog about the new Star Wars.

Well now that the powers that be, Disney and J.J. Abrams have released the cast of the new Star Wars Episode VII, I don’t think anyone is surprised by the announcement that Han, Luke and Leia will return leaving Lando out in the cold. That answered my question as to why Billy Dee Williams was on Dancing with the Stars with EWOKS. What is surprising and what will lead to a heaping mound of speculation is the new cast members.

Will Andy Serkis get to play something besides a guy with dots all over his face? (Motion-Cap) Will he be a villain? Will he be the latest and greatest enemy of the rebellion? Is there even a rebellion? Domhnall Gleeson (Sadly, not the son of Jackie) from Harry Potter and About Time, what role will he have? He has a very unique look with his Irish heritage. Will he dawn the wardrobe of the empire. I can see him standing next to General (bad guy) wearing the customary hat and stiff uniform of the Empire. But, I can see him bringing a bit of a laugh too; maybe he could be Han’s and Leia’s son. There are plenty of other people cast that would look great as villains, Adam Driver who has a very varied resume (Girls, Lincoln, and Inside Llewyn Davis) and a growing list of roles would look great in all black, fighting for the dark side. (But say it like the Emperor) “Dark Siiid.”

Then there’s Max Von Sydow, whose name alone screams VILLAIN! Max Von Sydow is the legendary actor of the Exorcist among 151 other appearances in film and TV; could he be cast as a good guy? Yeah right! That would be like making Christopher Lee a good guy when everyone knows even as Saruman in the Lord of the Rings he couldn’t be trusted. (Side Note: Kind of funny, that both Andy Serkis and Christopher Lee will now both be Star Wars alums.) The real question is will Max Von Sydow play a new villain, or maybe the reincarnation of an all too familiar one. Plus one more question, why wasn’t he already a villain in Star Wars?

Oscar Isaac and John Boyega poise other great questions like could they be offspring of legendary characters like Boba Fett, Lando, or even Han or Luke?    

I think one addition is easy to figure out; at least we must deduce the Daisy Ridley will be the child of Princess Leia and Han Solo. I’ve read that in some story lines Han and Leia have twins and either they both have the force and fight together for the good, or one turns to the dark side. Either way, this is gearing up to be 150 times greater than anything we’ve seen in the past 20 years. Let’s all admit it; Episode 1-3 should have never been made. I think the earth would have been a better place. Okay, okay… maybe I’m overstating a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment