Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Time Novelist

I'm a first time novelist, who's starting his journey into the publishing world. I will try my best to give you the insight into my world, as I begin this adventure. Every step of the way I will tell you how things are going. I'm prepared  for rejection letters, for people not liking what I write. I know not everyone will enjoy every writer. I have friends that really enjoy Stephenie Meyers, and then I have friends that think she's a horrible writer. I personally enjoyed some of Twilight, but the point is, not everyone will like what I write. I hope they do, but I'm a bit of a realist. I hope to find an audience that will love what I write. What I enjoy writing about varies, but my first novel is a youth/young adult adventure set with the back-drop of zombies.
     I completed the first draft about 6 months ago, and the final draft today.I'm sure there will be more edits to come, but that's to be expected.
     I've done some research about literary agents, read some books, reviewed a few websites, and watched interviews about getting published. So, as you can tell, I'm still a newbie in this process. http://www.writersdigest.com/ has been a good source, http://stepheniemeyer.com/ has also been a great source. Her being a first time writer, I was inspired by her journey. Also J.K. Rowling's story was quite inspiring as well.
     I'll try to also point out any cool sites I find that help me in my process. If you read this and know of any that may help me in my quest, please feel free to email me.
    Within a week I plan on sending out my first query letter; I'll tell you more as I go.

Tracy Street
08/23/11

No comments:

Post a Comment