Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wow! Rejection...sometimes is not as bad as you make it.


Wow!
So why the, “Wow?” you may ask.
I sent my first query letter out yesterday and was met with my first rejection. I’m proud to say it was my first, which means I wrote a novel and attempted what I set out to do.
What I set out to do. I found my ideal literary agent, and shot for the moon. Maybe I’ll fall a little short of the moon, but maybe a little short is where God wants me. Sometimes finding a better fit is way better for you in the long run.
 The agent was very kind. I will not give names, or who that person works with, but this is what he had to say.
“Thanks so much for giving me a shot at your novel. I’m sorry to say that I wasn’t connecting wholeheartedly with your writing, despite its poise and polish, so I ought to step aside, but I truly appreciate the look, and I wish you the best of luck!”
Now, I could look into what he said, and think this or that, but a literary agent with a big company said, “…despite its poise and polish,” which to me sounds pretty darn good. So just like the guy who invented the telephone, I’m taking this little rejection letter (Which, I’d hardly say felt like rejection), as a victory step in the right direction.
I’d hope that this was my first and last rejection, but I’m prepared for more, and maybe not as kind as my first, but to me this was encouragement to continue on.
So continue to wish me luck and keep on praying!
If I encourage you in the process; please feel free to send me a note.

1 comment:

  1. I just googled my rejection and found yours. I learned that little trick a while back. Best of Luck! Always remember to google without quotes it is eye-opening. I agree though, nice way to let it go. I also read he reasds querys on Friday. I sent out 9 this round. Maybe we can compare and contrast.

    ReplyDelete