Wednesday, January 11, 2012

April 6th Guest Blogger and update!

As you all know (my vast array of readers), that my search for a literary agent is kind of on hold. I believe I still have some work to do, like cut 20,000 words from my manuscript. Turns out your first YA novel shouldn’t be more than 80,000 words and I got a little over 100,000. But, I’m still working on bettering myself as a writer, by reading a lot more, continuing to collect ideas, learning from other sources, and promote myself all in the attempt at one day getting published.
               
  My goal though is to hopefully bring you all more tips I’ve learned, so you don’t have to make the same mistakes. 

Also, I’m going to have a guest blogger on April 6th. Julie A Lindsay, a mother of three, wife to a sane person and a Ring Master at the Lindsay Circus is how she describes herself. She also a soon to be published author of her debut novella entitled Bloom, which will launch Turquoise Morning Press’s new line of Honey Creek books in February of this year. Plus, she sold another manuscript in her Killer Confections Saga, the first called Death by Chocolate. She scored a three book deal, with the first arriving in March of this year.  She’ll be my first guest blogger, and hopefully I’ll have more after her. I’ve read a number of her blogs, she’s quite helpful, and I encourage any or my readers to check out her regularly scheduled blog.  http://blog.juliealindsay.com Julie’s a romance writer of sorts, and I’m probably furthest from Romance, with me somewhere between horror, action, and fantasy. That doesn’t mean though that we (including myself) can’t learn a bunch of good information about writing. This is a thrill to have a publish author guest on my blog, so please come back and read, every day I write, but PLEASE come back on April 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment