Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wolf Head the movie screening

What a thrill!
Last year I was involved as the First AD (Assistant Director) for the making of the film Wolf Head. This was an all Oklahoma venture besides one guy from Dallas. I was involved in some of the preplanning, casting, and then the actually production of shooting the movie, but, once the shoot was completed that’s where I stopped. So I hadn’t got to see the finished version. Last night, I got to see the completed film at Harkin’s Theater downtown for the first time. I was amazed, at how great it turned out and how well the editing worked, considering we had multiple locations needed: parking garage, jail, hospital, and a seriously windy bridge, with very little budget.

Director Ryan “Staples” Scott and Director of Photography Josh McKamie pulled off an amazing feat. Of course there were a small handful of crew members that worked hard to make it happen and I don’t want to forget them, but the film turned out amazing, it was fun, there were a lot of laughs, and a huge crowd got to enjoy it with several of us for the first time. How cool is that?

Film making is hard work, but for anyone who wants to make a film, I encourage you, to write a script, get a camera, and go for it. Or… be a part of a crew. It’s not too hard to find people who need help making movies; it’s actually very hard to find people who want to put in the effort. So, do some research, talk to some friends, read websites that feature local film makers, and get involved. Who knows, you might end up watching a film in a theater that you were a part of, what a great sense of accomplishment.

*Applauding cast and crew and the families that missed their loved ones for the months it took to make the movie*

I spoke with the writer/director about doing an interview for my blog, he totally agreed, so look forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun to see the whole thing! I thought everyone did an amazing job. Really proud of all you guys!

    ReplyDelete